Ginger and Scallion Encrusted Salmon
Add FreshZen to your Salmon before placing in the oven to add a healthy zest to your dinner. Serve with your favorite vegetable.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Encrust the salmon with FreshZen sauce – Approx. 2 tablespoons should lightly cover the fish
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet or in a non-stick pan.
- Bake until salmon is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon wedge if desired.
Sauteed Brocolini and FreshZen
We love our veggies but they are even better when add FreshZen
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 bunches broccolini (1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshZen Ginger and Scallion sauce
In a large pot, bring 8 cups of water and the salt to a boil.
Remove and discard the bottom third of the broccolini stems.
If some stems are very thick, cut them in half lengthwise.
When water comes to a full boil, add the broccolini,
Return to a boil, and cook over high heat for 2 minutes, until the stalks are crispy and tender.
Drain then immerse the broccolini in a large bowl filled with ice water to stop the cooking.
Drain in a colander and set aside.
Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a sauté pan.
Add 1 tablespoon of garlic and 2 tablespoons of freshZen’s Ginger and scallion sauce
Cook over low heat while stirring occasionally for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the broccolini and stir until heated through.
Add kosher salt for taste, if desired
Serve with your favorite meal
Shrimp Stir Fry
Enjoy a healthy flavorful shrim stir fry
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of canola oil and raise heat to high.
- When oil is hot, add 1 tablespoon of garlic, 1 lb of shrimp and 2 tablespoons of white wine
- Cook for approx. 2 mins until shrimp is pink.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of FreshZen Ginger and Scallion sauce and 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables and rice.
FreshZen Pastrami Sandwich
- 6 ounces deli-sliced pastrami
- 2 thick slices peasant bread
- 2 thin slices provolone cheese
- 2 tomato slices
- In a nonstick skillet, cook pastrami over high heat until warmed and sizzling (1-2 mins)
- Mount the hot pastrami onto 1 bread slice.
- Add the provolone to the skillet, 1 slice at a time, and cook until it begins to melt (30 secs)
- Using a spatula, transfer the cheese onto the pastrami.
- Top with tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of FreshZen Ginger and scallion sauce.
- Cover the sandwich with the second bread slice